Point Blank (À Bout Portant, dir. Fred Cavayé, 2010)
A nurse saves the wrong guy: a thief, whose henchmen take his pregnant wife hostage to force him to take their boss out of the hospital. A nice thriller, not a lot different from the ones we’re used to watch. But, since it’s a french movie, prepare yourself to see a lot of chases and action scenes on the streets of Paris. Watch the trailer.
Adore (dir. Anne Fontaine, 2013)
Two childhood friends and neighbors in their 40’s (who raised their children together, by the way) fall for each other’s sons. I have nothing against romance between generations (especially among older women and younger guys), but this story is so unbelievable and poorly constructed, it’s embattassing to watch. Run, without looking back… Watch the trailer.
You Are Here (dir. Matthew Weiner, 2013)
I saw Amy Poehler, Zach Galifianakis and Owen Wilson in the cast and thought “WOW, this must be a great comedy, right?”. Wrong. The movie is the very dramatic story of Ben Baker (played by Galifianakis), who returns to his hometown after inheriting the house and the business from his recently deceased estranged father. Surprising, but not memorable. Watch the trailer.
This one is for stationery lovers! Present&Correct created the most wondeful tumblr of recent times: Stationery Compositions. Now we’ll never look at our desks the same way!
∴ info ∴
Stationery Compositions tumblr.
Jenna Lyons, the powerful executive creative director of J.Crew, opened her office for Into the Gloss and gave some great beauty tips over there. Love this wonderful quote (I couldn’t agree more):
“There’s sexiness in not trying to be sexy. There has to be something that’s a bit undone. You can’t have perfect hair, and clothes, and makeup — you need an element of imperfection to make you feel like there’s a person behind it all“.
So true, don’t you think?
∴ info ∴
via Into the Gloss.
These are a few of my august beauty favorites:
1. Beauty Color Hollywood Boulevard Collection – Inspired by the world of cinema, this new nail polish collection is pure luxury! They contain powdered silver, so you can imagine how they shine (you can see it better in this instagram pic). There are seven colors, but the prettiest are Red Carpet (red), Night Life (blue) and Silver Stone (lead).
2. Joico K-PAK Revitaluxe Bio-Advanced Restorative Treatment – Restorative treatment that revitalizes, nourishes and repairs the hair. I’m using it twice a week and I notice that my hair gets super soft after each application. Downside: the smell of the product is not very nice … :/
3. Valmari Lemongrass Sponge Soap – This vegetable loofah moisturizes the skin and promotes a toning peeling. Ideal for use on thighs, buttocks, abdomen, arms and legs, it improves skin circulation (so it’s great against cellulite) and have a lovely lemon grass scent.
4. SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Defense – Another serum to join my list of favorites. Its formula is oil-free and contains 5 acids that help combat oiliness and acne. The product helps in reducing wrinkles and fine lines, and also even out the tone and texture of the skin. I am alternating with my other favorite Phloretin CF, using it at night, after my skin cleansing ritual. I highly recommend!
Which beauty products were your favorites this month?
A few of the many wonderful photographs by Chris Schoonover. <3
∴ info ∴
Chris Schoonover website.
Beginning this Monday with a thousand ideas in my head! Anyone else have this feeling that your brain has too many tabs open???
A great week for everyone! :)
∴ info ∴
Image via A Pair of Pears.
Is there anything cuter than rosy cheeks? :)
1. Detail of Coyote Ghost, beautiful work of illustrator Rebecca Green.
2. Little birdie, a very delicate picture by Marie Hochhaus.
3. Devon Aoki by Mario Sorrenti for The Face October 1997.
4. Lovely illustration by Mercedes deBellard.
Loving the new Cath Kidston print, with one of the most iconic british features: the London bus! So cute!
∴ info ∴
Cath Kidston website.
Such a cute combination: white tank top + high waist skirt + neutral sandals. This stripe paperbag skirt is adorable, I think I need it…
∴ info ∴
An account completely dedicated to selfeets (feet selfies). So cool! Prepare yourself for some amazing floors: colorful, geometric, you name it! And you can try to join the fun using the hashtag #ihavethisthingwithfloors in your pics!