A few things I love about the movie Planet of the Apes:
(1968, directed by Franklin J. Schaffner)
· The glowing fluorescent lights that float around in space.
· The astronauts beautiful vintage uniforms.
· Charlton Heston’s crazy laugh (after seeing his fellow astronaut setting up a tiny American flag into the “unknown planet”).
· No computer-generated monkeys! The film had a team of over 80 makeup artists.
· The apes’ village was modeled on the work of legendary spanish architect Antoni Gaudí.
· “Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape.“